kedd, május 23, 2006

I Love Budapest, reviewing

Csilla and I watched I Love Budapest a couple of days ago. We were a little disappointed. I think the film tried to be artistic but it didn't really quite make it. The beginning and the end scenes were also a little out there, at least in my opinion. I'm not an expert by any means. I had some problems with the movie, for example:

1. I thought the protagonist, a country girl, was a little too naive to be credible.

2. The subtitles were terrible. They really did damage to the movie, making the dialog seem silly and stilted.

3. The flying car. Enough said.

Some things were good, like the dialogs in the factory. I did find those very interesting and I wish the movie had been more about the factory (yes, that'd necessitate a title change), than about the sordid side of city life. I also liked three of the main characters, Aniko (the naive girl), her friend, and Miki the somewhat credulous factory security guard.